Thursday 25 April 2013

En route to Datong....

Sat here in a sardine can they claim is a train carriage. No space for our bags above us so I put them further up the tin can, I now have neck cramp from tuning round every 5 minutes to check they haven't been pillaged. I feel flying or bus may have been a better mode of transport. We are half way though our 7 hour journey to Datong, my ass is numb, it smells and is over crowded in my opinion. Izzi reading, I tried but struggled. Again today we had people taking photos of us in the train station, I guess they don't see many people like us, especially Izzi with her blonde hair.
My time has been spent listening to music, so far I've had on:
# two door cinema club
# a tribe called quest
# high contrast
# jimmy Hendrix
Next I'm thinking chilli peppers?
Not sure what to expect from Datong, I want to go to see the Grottoes and Hanging Monasteries. An American we spoke to in McDonald's said it's very industrial, I've read its the coal centre of China. Not sure what that entails though.
Tick tock tick tock tick tock......
James

No comments:

Post a Comment